Call FREE on
0800 027 4765

Accidents in Public Places Claims

We all visit shops, supermarkets, libraries, football grounds, swimming pools, health clubs and the like in the course of our everyday business. The one thing these places all have in common is that the public has access to them. Owners and occupiers of any place that is open to the public can be held responsible if you are injured while on their premises.

We all use pavements and walkways as part of our everyday life. The local authority or owner of the pavements or walkways owe you a duty to keep them free of a trip edge or hazard .If you do trip or slip on a pavement or walkway as a result of a trip edge or hazard you are entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim.

Sometimes injury results from the fact that you just weren’t paying attention or weren’t looking where you were going. But if it can be shown that the injury was due to the owner or occupier of those premises’, pavement or walkway not meeting their legal duty to ensure that public areas are safe and the risk of injury is minimised, you will be able to pursue a public liability compensation claim. You can claim for your injuries and your financial losses such as loss or earnings.

Slipping on wet floors or tripping over something that shouldn’t be on the floor can happen in supermarkets and on public transport while accidents involving falling objects like scaffolding or signs can result in serious injuries and even death. Any public liability compensation claim requires as much evidence as possible to support it, so it's a good idea to take photographs of whatever caused your accident and get independent witness statements whenever you can.

Call us today on 0800 0274765 or just complete the simple form opposite and one of our experienced personal injury lawyers will call you straight back.


Free Callback

Fill in the form below and a personal injury lawyer will contact you to discuss your claim: